Stay in the city of the Popes and oenology classThis tour inspires you ?
A luxury guest house in the heart of Avignon, with a visit to the Palais des Papes and wine tasting
La Divine Comédie is a unique property in the heart of Avignon. Equipped with the largest garden in the city, it offers 5 suites with authentic and modern charm. An ideal location to discover the city and its famous Palais des Papes. Epicentre of the Côtes du Rhône, you will have the opportunity to learn about the wines of the region during an oenology workshop.
The Divine Comédie
A few minutes from the Palais des Papes, the Divine Comedie is an extraordinary garden in the heart of Avignon.
This unique and perfectly hidden address shelters a setting of greenery and discreet luxury. The owners Amaury and Gilles, decorated the premises with subtlety and refinement, here the term “charming guest house” takes on its full meaning. They have perfectly combined authenticity and modernity to offer a unique and prestigious setting.
Visit the Palais des Papes
To come and stay in Avignon is first of all to be captivated by the heritage of this city where a majestic monument is enthroned: the Pope’s Palace.
You can enter in the western largest Gothic palace, walk through its glazed cobblestones, discover the popes’ apartments and admire fabulous fresco decorations made by the artist Matteo Giovannetti.
Each year a temporary exhibition is to be discovered, the Palace also hosts concerts and some theatre performances as part of the Avignon Festival.
Wine tasting... neither a gift nor an art reserved for professionals
Nathalie Walterscheid, Dutch by birth, gladly shares her knowledge as a sommelier at home, in a typical village house near Avignon (Pujaut) or in your guest house. Trained at the University of Suze-la-Rousse and the London Wine & Spirits Education, she realized during a sommelier and wine merchant intership that she preferred to share her love of wine through oenology class.
The oenology course, from 1h30 to 2h, includes a tasting of 4 wines with bread, and chocolate for the last wine (which is a natural sweet wine). You will first learn to observe the colours and analyse them, then taste them to discover particular terroirs.
This tour inspires you ?
Travelling with Lou is fast, easy, and the guarantee of a unique and memorable experience.Contact us!
Lou's good Tips!
- 200 metres from the Palais des Papes, discover the Rocher des Doms, this park offers a panoramic view of the Rhône and from the Pont d’Avignon to Villeneuve
- L’île de la Barthelasse for picnics with a view of the Pont d’Avignon
- TheTeinturiers Road for its cobblestones and paddle wheels
- The Joseph Vernet road for its luxury shops
- The place de l’Horloge for its magnificent theatre, emblematic since the city hosts every year in July the Festival d’Avignon, the largest theatre festival in the world.
- The small squares: Pie, Crillon and Carmelites for their bucolic setting
- Nîmes and its arènes are 45mns away,
- Arles and its arenas and its ancient theatre, the Gehry sculpture tower called “Luma tower”, 45 minutes away.
What Lou liked
- The 200 works of art dedicated to Avignon that dot the Divine Comedie!
- The abundant library of the conservatory.
- The simplicity and discretion of the owners
- The spa and the 25-metre swimming area
- The very complete wellness area: sauna, hammam, rain shower, chromotherapy, massages, reflexology…
Share the offer
Arrival / Departure Time :
- Arrival Time : From 3.00pm to 11.00 pm
- Departure Time : From 07.30 am to 11.00 am
- private parking (free)
- Pets are not allowed
- Relaxation area :
Spa / hammam / jacuzzi / sauna
- Free Wifi
- Avignon – Provence Airport 8,7 km
- Nîmes-Alès-Camargue-Cévennes Airport 38,2 km
- Marseille Provence Airport 65,6 km
- Non exchangeable and not refundable
The price include :
- 2 nights for 2 with breakfasts
- Palais des Papes enter with audio-guide
- Wine tasting initiation (4 wines)
The price does not include:
- City tax
- Personal expenses
Exclusive Travel by Lou confirms the availability of your stay by email within 48 hours after your booking request.